"Free Bird" 2/3/14
I just wanna be free.
Like a bird flying over the sea.
The mountains in the way,
Just so I can survive another day.
My hands turn into wings,
I can finally breathe.
I can barely see the sky,
Or the sand beneath my feet.
Wake me up,
Before I fall asleep forever.
Teach my your ways,
To take on a new endeavor.
Guide me in a way,
That no one has before.
But I must love you truly,
Not love as a chore.
My mind is open,
And the amount I can care is paramount.
But if the drive is not there now,
Then it will never amount.
As I wade through the stream,
And decipher my thoughts.
I pass by frogs,
Fish, and the rocks.
They guide me by teaching me
How to survive,
Developing knowledge into words,
from deep down inside.
A bird is so different,
From the fish and the frog,
But the bird takes time,
To fly through the smog.
As it soars closer and closer to the sun,
Another birds stops it along the way,
Wonders why,
And stops it from trying to run.
No comments:
Post a Comment